This recipe is super simple! Quite frankly I’m not familiar with it. Let alone, having heard of it.
- 1 lb of chayote (peeled and cut like fries)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsps of fresh or dried parsley
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of butter (1/2 stick)
- Boil water and add salt
- Use a metal strainer or streaming plate and place in the water in such a way that it is submerged.
- In the meantime, cut the chayote like fries (sticks as small as matches)
- Place the chayote sticks onto the strainer, making sure that they are also submerged, under the boiling water. Cook for 5mns or until almost ready.
- Remove strainer with cooked chayote stick. Set aside
- In a casserole, melt the butter, add seasoning ( parsley, garlic)
- Add chayote sticks.
- Simmer for 10-15 MNS
- Serve while hot