Today I’m not posting about any traditional recipes. I know Valentine’s day is tomorrow and I’ve never really made a big deal out of that day . But here’s a good idea for your loved ones.
I thought that it would be a good idea to post a ” make it yourself ” recipe.
Wouldn’t it be better to make your own chocolate treats than to buy them at the store. Makes them even more special. You could even do them as a couple!
It’s Fun! Quick! and Easy!
7 oreo cookies ( you could more if you want. I think you can reach up to 10 cookies)
1 cup of cream cheese (8oz)
1 bar of white chocolate (they didn’t have any at the store so I used dark chocolate)
- smash oreo cookies in a ziploc sandwich bag until very fine.
- Mix with the cream cheese until it’s evenly spread
- Form small balls and refrigerate for 30mns
- Meanwhile melt the bars of chocolate in a bowl that will be sitting on a boiling pot of water. Let it sit for about 15mns or until you judge it’s completely melted. Stir with a spoon.
- Then, take out the balls and put them in the melted chocolate. Make sure they’re coated all over.
- Refrigerate or freeze for the next 30 mns.
- Sprinkle with sugar if you judge necessary.